Monday, January 23, 2006

[Euphoria] Structured Access, part 2

I knew I had it somewhere. Okay, these implement the following: BYTE, BYTES, WORD, DWORD, QWORD, ASCIIZ and PSTRING. You can pull the data one chunk at a time as per the last posting or else pull a whole set all at once.

The file versions don't work and I'm not sure why, and as I said before, I don't have the time to do anything about it.

By the way, this was written before Euphoria 2.5. In fact, possibly before 2.4 so the code may need some tweaking.

mread is like the getmem of the previous posting. memread takes a sequences of reads. I will eventually post an example (if I can find one).

(Since writing part 1, I've been in touch with CChris from
Euphoria Standard Library who has taken over the development of getmem. It's great to be able to give something back to the Euphoria community after all these years (I've been using it since version 1.5).)

No comments: